When I travel I keep a few small cosmetics cases filled with different things. For example, I store chargers and memory cards in an old Clinique case, my homemade first aid kit in a different makeup bag, and my carry-on liquids in a third. While I don’t have any hard and fast rules for what I pack in my carry on luggage, I snapped a picture of the things I brought on my last flight. My essentials included:
- Gloves in a Bottle hand lotion
- Maybelline Baby Lips
- Hand sanitizer. The ones I packed were strongly scented; if you’re planning to clean your hands in an enclosed space like an airplane or train carriage make sure you choose one that is unscented!
- A small bottle of perfume (Victor & Rolf’s Flowerbomb, this time)
- A few random lip balms, glosses and lipsticks.
- A “body fresh” wipe. Normally I use just regular baby wipes or travel wipes, but I was out so I tossed in this sample. I didn’t end up trying it.